Tags archives: fish & sea creatures
- It has been about 10 years since I last went to the Easter Show. Last time must have been one of the first times it was held at Olympic Park, and I remember winning a giant white tiger soft toy from one of the games there.
Times have changed, and [...]
- Next was the Lego at the Sydney Wildlife World.
Master Model Builders from around the world were commissioned to design these life sized models. The event took almost two years to plan, and about 10,000 man hours to build. I'm guessing these hou [...]
- There is a million dollar lego exhibition at Sydney Aquarium until next year. Being one of the largest lego events in the world, Lego on the Loose is also one of the few events that originates here in Sydney rather than coming here as the final sto [...]
- I went snorkelling for the first time ever at the Whitsundays. These were taken with my new underwater camera, on full auto settings so no photographic skill involved. The only hard part was diving down and not floating back up before getting the s [...]
- Ocean Park has an aquarium too!
A nautilus, a most fascinating creature. Too bad their tanks are always so dark!
Very graceful jellyfish. Ve [...]
- The other main attraction at the aquarium is the collection of jellyfish. Yeh I can see the question marks over your heads, but there are so many incredible types of jellyfish here that you can't see in Sydney.
- Sunfish, or Mola mola (!?), are my favorite fish in the world. They are a crazy flat fish, with big fins on the top and bottom they use for swimming. The giant fish are quite docile, and quite clumsy. They have a net inside their tank so that they [...]
- Oh the pufferfish are always so cute, so lively. And moving so fast! Can they ever sit still (and let me take a nice pic)? They're like the fish equivalent of ADHD + red cordial.
They swim and look at you like they are inviting you to try to fo [...]
- Osaka Kaiyuukan 大阪海遊館 was the sole reason we went to Japan. OK not really, but it is the only place I would go to time and time again. It was probably the largest aquarium in the world, with over 7 storeys of tanks.
Here's the main tank in action, [...]